November edition of the Diabetes Podiatry Initiative November workshop.
Date -: Wednesday 22nd of November.
Venue- Lillygate hotel, behind PRINCE Ebeano supermarket in Lekki phase 1.
Time: 8.30 am to 2pm
REGISTRATION IS FREE FOR PARTNER HOSPITALS., BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO COME WITH RELEASE LETTERS FROM YOUR HOSPITAL.
Please contact 012950233 or 07042196808 to register
Final training schedule
8.30am to 9.00am - Registration/tea break/ introduction
9.00 am to 12 noon- Healthcare workers session
- Diabetes Conversation Map- Eli lilly
- Diabetes care basics; diagnosis and management for the primary care physician -Dr Ekido Okphiabhele, Rainbow Specialist Medical Centre
- Foot examination in the Diabetes Patient-Dr Ronje Achi, St Nicholas Hospital
- The importance of structured testing in diabetes management.-Roche Diagnostics
- Wound care basics in diabetes- Mrs Akinbani National Orthopaedic Hospital Igbobi
- Infections of the foot and its appendages- Dr Ayesha Akinkugbe- Lagos University Teaching Hospital
- improving medical records keeping, and ICD coding in your centre"- DR. Olawunmi OlagundoyeMBBS; MSc Psychology; MPhil Family Medicine; FWACP (FM)Member, W.H.O ICD11 Primary Care Taskforce.Member, World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) International Classification Committee (WICC)
1pm to 2pm- patient foot screening session - Health Care Practitioners and Patients-
Patients session is free, but registration is compulsory to enable us plan for logistics. Please phone 012950233 or 07042196808 to register
There will be free accucheck active glucometer for each participant courtesy of Roche Diagnostics